Healing with Breath, Presence, and Touch
A two-day workshop for massage therapists, bodyworkers, intuitive healers,and potential students of the healing arts
with Charlie Badenhop, Originator of Seishindo
October 27, 28 2007 – Saturday, Sunday
Palo Alto, CA
The ability to “touch” someone in such a way that they feel more connected to life and wellness is a sacred act that has been practiced since the beginning of time. Yet, it’s challenging to understand how to connect deeply without taxing yourself mentally, physically and emotionally. Whether you are a seasoned professional or a beginner, please join us and further evolve the healing power that resides within you. Enliven your field of energy, and initiate the healing rhythms that lead to physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
In this workshop you will:
1. Explore subtle yet simple ways to enter into a healing relationship with others.
2. Discover how to use your whole self to sensitively contact the human need for touch and intimacy.
3. Learn how to enliven your field of energy, and initiate healing rhythms in yourself and others.
4. Experience how to touch someone’s heart and wholeness.
Is this workshop for you?
It is, if some of these statements sound familiar:
- I started out loving massage, but after 5 years I’m bored. I find myself wondering if it’s time to do something else. I’m hoping the joy I once felt for this work will return.
- I want a deeper connection and more participatory relationship with my clients than physical techniques alone provide
- I’ve experienced the limitations of using physical techniques. I want to know if the limitations I experience are due to my own inability, or whether I simply need to somehow be doing something differently.
- I want to learn how to be myself while working, with less need to use my “professional aura” to control what goes on.
- I feel I’m ready to transition into a new phase of my career, and I want to explore new perspectives.
- I find my work very enlivening and also very draining. Holding space for my clients for extended periods of time is both wonderful and challenging. I want to explore my limits while at the same time not pushing myself to do more. I also want to develop a plan for self-care.
- I want to make my work more effective, more fun, and less like “work.”
Our approach will work effectively for you if you share the following values and beliefs:
- Each person’s life is supported by an “intelligence” (Spirit) that is the generative force manifesting the universe we live in. At every given moment you can tap into this intelligence to support you in living the life your true heart desires.
- Your body holds the answer to many puzzles your cognitive mind alone cannot express or solve.
- Your thoughts, actions, and emotions are all part of “one loop” of intelligence. It really isn’t possible to separate out the physical, emotional, and rational components of “self”.
- The body is intelligent, expressive and wise, and communicates in a highly sophisticated and systematic manner.
- Your “body language” leads to the generation of your verbal language. Change the language of your body and you will change the way you think and feel.
The ability to “touch” someone in such a way that they feel more connected to life and wellness is a sacred act that has been practiced since the beginning of time. Please join us and tap into the healing power that resides within you.
Why Seishindo is effective in helping massage therapists and bodyworkers evolve their practice
In Seishindo we focus on the entire relationship we have with a client. Non-verbal as well as verbal. When the client feels safe and understands you experience them as being resourceful and capable of great change, they are much better able to stay in the flow of healing.
You’ll discover that your beliefs, and the way you use your whole self, have a major impact on your ability to help others connect to their health and vital energy. Understanding the subtle yet powerful non-verbal communication of breath, presence, and touch is crucial to being able to help others tap into their own healing power. The key is beginning from a place of “pure heart, simple mind” and working intuitively rather than technically.
Step One: Connect to, and believe in yourself.
Step Two: Connect to and believe in the healing power of Spirit.
Step Three: Connect to and believe in the health and wholeness of your client.
Step Four: Physically balance your client.
Step Five: Resonate “the four rhythms of health and wholeness”.
Charlie Badenhop is a bodyworker, trainer, and coach with more than thirty years international experience. He’s a fourth degree black belt and licensed instructor of Aikido in Japan, a certified trainer in NLP and Ericksonian Hypnosis, and a long term practitioner of various healing arts.
He’s had the honor and privilege of studying with numerous healers throughout the world. Over the years he’s assisted people in overcoming life threatening illnesses, debilitating long term health issues and injuries, while helping them to reconnect to their joy for life. Charlie’s been living, working, and studying in Japan for the last twenty-two years and has students and clients throughout the world.
If you’d like to:
- learn how to heal through breath, presence, and touch,
- help people heal their emotions as well as their physical body,
- better understand how our emotions play a major role in our health and healing,
- gain a first hand experience of tapping into the healing rhythms of breath, heartbeat, the cranial-sacral pump, and brainwaves,
then this workshop will offer you great value, and a gentle healing.
This workshop is meant for anyone who would like a deeper experience of what it means to heal through breath, presence and touch. People with extensive bodywork experience will find numerous tools to add to their toolbox. At the same time, those completely new to bodywork will find this class offers a great deal of wonderful experiences to learn from.
Seishindo bodywork is drawn from the principles of:
Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique, Noguchi Sei Tai (subtle Japanese form of bodywork and health management), Seiku Jutsu (similar to Sei Tai), Rolfing, Cranial Sacral work, Aikido, NLP, and Ericksonian Hypnosis.
October 27, 28, 2007
9:30am – 5:30pm
Palo Alto, CA. The venue to be announced.
If you want to find out more, contact Robert Low at email@example.com or, phone him at (408) 3…. He’ll be glad to talk to you and answer whatever questions you might have. You can also contact Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org
$385 if paid by Sept. 30, $450 thereafter.
Please make your payment via PayPal – it is fast and secure, and will accept your credit card. To pay now, please click this button: