A Seishindo Anger Management Workshop
–Available upon request–
With Charlie Badenhop and Dorothy Pietracatella
Do you ever find yourself feeling really upset with someone, and wishing you understood more about anger management? If so, we have two pieces of news for you. The bad news is: You can’t completely stop your waves of anger. The good one is: You can use your anger as the fuel to power your personal development. Join our program built on the proven principles, practices, and techniques, distilled from Charlie’s 20-year experience as an Aikido instructor, NLP trainer and Ericksonian hypnotherapist. Achieve a peaceful victory over your anger and live the life your heart longs for.
Many people know of Aikido, the Japanese martial art that has no techniques for attacking one’s opponent. Not many however know that the founder of Aikido, Morihei Ueshiba, intended for Aikido to be primarily a path of personal transformation, and anger is usually one of the first emotions to be faced along the way. When you practice the principles of mind-body coordination, you face your anger and use it to fuel the intensity of your desire to change and be more at peace in the world.
Come to our workshop and:
- Experience how the circular, flowing movements of Aikido, encourage you to use the wisdom of your body in order to lessen your anger and increase the energy of your life force.
- Become aware of and learn to gently follow the circle of your emotions, that anger is only one small part of. Amplify your emotional experience and feel complete and relieved in the process.
- Discover how to turn anger into compassion and empathy.
- Learn how to release the holding patterns of anger that reside in your body. When you let go of anger you open yourself up to feeling love and acceptance.
- Discover that being open and receptive in the face of your counterpart’s anger is the best possible way to defend yourself.
- With a proven set of Seishindo Practices, learn to utilize the energy your anger generates in you. The more consuming or seemingly overwhelming your anger, the more it can help you return to a calm center within yourself.
- Take the time to gently explore your feelings and you will find that your emotional well-being resides deep inside yourself, waiting to be touched and acknowledged.
Who will benefit
This workshop is meant for all who find themselves expressing anger in a negative fashion. Supervisors, educators, youth, government workers, non-profit organizations, parents, spouses. It can be customized to fit the needs of organizations, communities, and individuals.
The Presenters: Charlie Badenhop and Dorothy Pietracatella
Charlie Badenhop is the originator of Seishindo, a fourth degree black belt and licensed instructor of Aikido in Japan, a certified trainer in NLP and Ericksonian Hypnosis, and a long time student of the Japanese healing art of sei tai, Self-relations therapy, Gestalt therapy, and Structural Integration. He has been living, working, and studying in Japan for the last eighteen years.
Charlie’s workshops are known for their magic, depth of experience, and celebration of life. He weaves together theory, poetry, music, movement, practical applications, and a clear encounter of reconnecting to one’s core identity. You are invited to enter into an austere theater of everyday life. Please come and savour in a supportive community, the reintegration of your thoughts and feelings – A heartfelt experience beyond words.
“Charlie Badenhop has been a member of and a contributor to the NLP community for many years. He has brought his knowledge of the martial arts to NLP and shared the movements, philosophy, and art of the special relationship with self and others that can be achieved through Aikido. … Charlie has created many innovations in this area that help people heal body, heart and soul.”
Judith DeLozier, co-founder of NLP and co-developer of New Code NLP.
Dorothy Pietracatella has had a successful professional career in opera and is highly skilled in various forms of bodywork, and Mindbody disciplines. She also has specialized training in Somatic Experiencing and other trauma work. She adds a rich perspective to the Seishindo process, and offers a wonderful supportive energy to the work.
The workshop will be mainly experiential in nature. Group exercises, pair exercises, and the potential to work on an issue in front of the group if you so desire.
What others have said about Seishindo workshops
“The Seishindo workshop “Simple Mind Pure Heart” was the most profound and extraordinary workshop that I have ever attended. Profound because of the miraculous changes that have occurred in me and extraordinary because of the unique methods used to generate those changes.”
Angela Scherma; Australia
“Charlie Badenhop is an extraordinary man. His work offers great insights into the unity of mind and body in clear, simple language that is immediately graspable and at the same time shatters any rigid conceptions one might be holding. I experience Charlie as a deeply honest, direct, open, powerful, and humble man. He is both an unforgettable character, and a real inspiration to me.”
Mary Ann Giorgio; Brooklyn, New York
If you want to order this workshop for your organization, become a sponsor, or talk to someone and get a better sense of what this workshop offers, please contact Dorothy Pietracatella: Phone 718-351-8775, Email: email@example.com. Or, you can also contact Charlie via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us also know, if you would like to join the workshop when future dates are set.
Anger Management in Seishindo
If you want to learn more about anger management or become involved in Practices that can help you to feel calm and centered, Seishindo is a great choice. Drawing from the wisdom of Aikido as well as scientific research, Seishindo appeals to your Body and your Intellect. Fulfill the longing of your spirit to achieve peaceful victory over your anger as you travel ever closer to living the life your heart longs for.
- Find out more about Seishindo Anger Management theories and practices by reading the Seishindo Newsletter issues entitled “Coming to terms with anger” and “Are you able to say both ‘Yes!’ and ‘No!’?”
- Watch our 26 minute video, to get a taste of what Seishindo Anger Management teaching can be like. Find out more about the video.
- Perform Seishindo Practice “Today, my anger is about … “ to start exploring how to change your anger into a wider range of life affirming emotions.
- Register for phone sessions and in person private sessions with Charlie Badenhop. The first step in this process is writing to him at email@example.com